FIRST, CONNECT THE HARDWARE
- Plug the power lead from the 4G BOX into a mains supply.
- Plug the included outdoor data cable Into the “OUT” port on the POE injector, then the other end into the camera
LOCAL WI-FI CONNECT, THEN TEST
- On your laptop or phone, search for local WI-FI Access Points, like if you was round your friends house and connect to the Teltonika one, PW on your sent sheet.
- You are now on the Local Network – Click the local image grab URL and the camera will download an image
LET US KNOW WHEN THE INSTALL IS
We can then be hand to help with any final camera configuration, like focus and zoom
PORTAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE THE PORTAL IS LIVE 48 HOURS AFTER INSTALL. ITS A WEBSITE THAT NEEDS BUILDING AND WE WORK WITH YOUR CAPTURED IMAGES.
Below is how the image grab URL works. Click it from your access sheet or copy and paste into your web-browser bar. This commands the camera to take an image.
SERVICE & SUPPORT
Burgess Technologies will help & support the hardware, SIM, Server & Portal. As you own the hardware outright, its your job as the installer to check and ensure the camera is running. We can assist by setting up alerts from the Portal. Example: If an image is not sent in X number of minutes/hours, you will recieve an email. Due to the sheer volume of live cameras we have provided, its impossible for us to proactively check every customers hardware.
- From a proactive perspective we prioritise the SIM, Server and Portal, they are the products you rent from Burgess Technologies.
- You as the installer and owner of the hardware need to monitor and check on the camera.
SUPPORT EXAMPLE: You get an email from the portal or you notice the camera is not sending images. You may not need to act immediately, it mat be something simple like the power is off on site. You may next or later want to check your image directory folder, through the portal or FTP access. If the camera looks like it has stopped sending images then email our support and we will help with some remote troubleshooting for you.
There is no ticket to create and no waiting 24 hours, we aim to get back to support emails within 60 minutes.
HIK VISION CAMERA TIME CHECK
In some instances the HIK camera may set its clock incorrect. This ONLY happens on first installation, if you need to fix it, it will only be once. You can log into the camera locally or remotely to check. If your system is 4G set up, YOU CAN CALL OR EMAIL US AND WE WILL CHECK AND CHANGE.
- The camera can fully rotate, it may not be 100% level, please check and adjust accordingly – Torx Driver in small plastic bag in camera box
- Certain cameras have a motor driven lens, this cann be used for final adjustments, we can do this for you
- Use the included Torx alan key and make sure the cameras arm is tight when in place, you dont want this dropping post install.
- FOCUS TIP: When the camera is in its final and fixed position restart the system. You can power cycle the system, restart the camera and its focus is best achieved when its in position.
There are 2 x sets of Metal Straps. The smaller ones are included with the Pole Mount Adapter. We also include some larger ones. Even for a smaller pole it may be best to use the larger ones as they are more flexible and eaiser to work with. If you are mounting to a scaffold pole with a small diameter, the back of our Pole Mount Bracket may not fit on its surface, so you may possibly need a small bit of wood, this would fit in between our pole mount adapter and the pole.
WEB-BROWSER MONITORING PORTAL
Becomes active up to 48 hours after the installation ( usually next day ). Image archive is immediate. The main thing is that your images are already being captured and archived. You can send the end client an image and explain the portal is now being built.
DOWN-LOADING YOUR CAPTURED IMAGES FOR POST PRODUCTION.
You need to install an FTP client on your computer. We have used both Filezilla & WinSCP – Search on google o
On your sent Access Sheet your FTP credentials are listed. Follow the below video for Filezilla, USE THE SITE MANAGER TOP LEFT – First enter your site and OK, then go back to the site manager top right and your site will drop down, then you connect, it loads your images.
Click “ctrl” and “A” this selects all. Then drag from your remote server ( on the right ), to your own local files ( on the left ).
THE BEST PRACTICE IS TO TRANSFER AND BACK UP IMAGES EVERY 1/2 MONTHS