Below is how most of our partners set up their solar system. Please note this is only advice, you may prefer your own deployment. You take delivery of our 4G Battery BOX and Camera direct from Burgess Technologies. The Solar kit comes direct from the supplier.
This is the full image of the solar controller as part pictured above.
This is how our provided hardware connects.
- The top black cable connects to our 4G LTE Router
- The POE switch is powered from the solar hardware
- The POE switch sends power and data to the camera
- The camera can be 100’s of feet away from the solar hardware
AFTER TAKING DELIVERY OF OUR 4G BATTERY BOX
- If you are not using the silver corner brackets then fill the holes with the plastic push in’s.
- Mount the PUCK Antenna
- Mount your provided black cable glands as seen on the right of the BOX
- Mount your Solar Controller in the pre-drilled holes
- Put your Battery at the bottom.
COMPLETE A DESKTOP TESK !!!
You will use the DIN rail mounted DC POE injector for the actual solar installation. For a home or office test we do include a standard mains powered POE injector. We also include a mains powered and DC terminal block input power lead for the 4G router.
1. Plug the POE injector & 4G Router into a mains supply
2. Plug the small black patch lead into the LAN port on the router & the “IN” on the POE injector
3. Plug the long black ( 20mtr ) outdoor cable into the “OUT on the POE and the other end into the Camera
4. Click the remote Image Grab URL and check the image, test complete
NEW for 2019
The one slight issue with the 200 watt single solar panel system was mounting the panel to a pole. Its very large but also the pole mount itself needed to be assembled. We have found a new solar supplier who can supply rapid install Pole Mount Brackets, this newer deployment is based upon using 2 x 120 watt slimline panels.
With this kit, the maximum distance the solar panels can be from the solar hardware is 9 Mtrs. Included is 1 x Male and 1 x Femal MC4 connector cables ready to plug into the above pictured MC4 connector tails. The connectors are terminated onto a 5mtr length of 4mm single core solar cable. The none terminated bare cable end is ready to connect into the “PV” input on the blue solar charge controller.
If you want your solar panels to be a little higher up the pole, the kit also includes 4mtr MC4 extension cables. There is also 5mtrs of 2.5mm twin core solar cable, this can be used for wiring up the battery and battery connect.
A QUICKER TO DEPLOY BACK-UP – USING AN INVERTER
An inverter connects to the 12V battery and gives you a UK plug socket. You can then simply plug our hardware into the mains socket, you will need a 2 way extension lead. An inverter is a secondary option becuase its not as true and adds to the power draw. You can pick up an Inverter for around £30.
Your blue solar charge controller still plays a part. Wire your solar panels into the solar charge controller and wire the battery into the solar charge controller. Wire the Inverter direct to the battery. The load output on the controller is not used ( unless for small power draw products like light bulbs ).